Wednesday 29 July 2015

July 31st: Kap Lung Forest Trail (+ section to Ho Pui via Tsing Tam Reservoirs)

The Fridayhikers are a group of friends who go hiking for leisure. Depending on the weather and road conditions, the hiking route may be subject to change without prior notice. Participants joining the hikes do so at their own will and at their own risk. They may consider buying their own insurance for better protection. The hike leaders, the organizers and any other participants in the hikes are exonerated from any liabilities and claims as a result of any accidents or losses arising.


Dear Fridayhikers,

Friday should be a good day for hiking, sunshine and possible showers.  I've chosen the Kap Lung Forest Trail (which I missed last time and took the Ancient Trail instead) which should be about 2 hours.  It is a downhill route but more gentle than the Ancient Trail we took last time.  Once you reach the catchwater road at the bottom, you can turn right and walk out to Lui Kung Tin and take the minibus.  If you should want to walk some more, you can turn left and walk towards Ho Pui where you can take the minibus.  That should be an additional hour minimum.


Meeting time:  9:15 am  (Bus 51 arrives at about 9:25 am)

Meeting place:   Exit A  Tsuen Wan MTR station


The bus runs hourly but there should be fewer hikers in this hot weather and you should be able to get on the bus.  If you like, you can try going to the bus terminal at Tsuen Wan West Station (West Rail).  The bus departs from there at 9.20 am.


Please bring plenty of water, sunshade, raingear and mosquito repellent.




Belinda


7 comments:

  1. Thanks, Belinda for planning the new route. I am afraid I need to play truant this week, not because I am lazy but I have to assume the role of housekeeper 'cause my domestic helper will be on leave tomorrow. Enjoy your hike and see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Belinda. I will join the hike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Belinda. I will join the Kap Lung hike tomorrow.
    SS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Belinda
    Both John & I will join

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Belinda. I'll join. 不想做逃學甲龍!

    D K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can anyone lead the hike tomorrow as Anson is not going? I won't be coming as it's too hot for me.

    ReplyDelete