Thursday 6 August 2015

AUGUST 7th Tai Tan Country Trail

The Fridayhikers are a group of friends who go hiking for leisure. Depending on the weather and road conditions, the hiking route may be subject to change without prior notice. Participants joining the hikes do so at their own will and at their own risk. They may consider buying their own insurance for better protection. The hike leaders, the organizers and any other participants in the hikes are exonerated from any liabilities and claims as a result of any accidents or losses arising.


Dear Fridayhikers,

I've chosen the Tai Tan County Trail for veteran hikers this week as you don't seem to want short routes even in the heat of summer.  This is 6.7 km long and the book says 2.75 hours.  It only goes as high as 100 m so it is level for most parts.  We've taken this route many times and Michael claims that it is one of my favourite routes.


Meeting time:  9:15 am  (minibus departs 9:25 )

Meeting place:  Minibus No. 7 to Hoi Ha in Sai Kung


The minibus runs every half hour.  In hiking season, there are lots of people and it is good to arrive early to queue up.  But I guess that there won't be as many hikers in summer.


Please bring plenty of water and snacks, sun gear, rain gear.   The entrance to this trail is on the right hand side of the road as you go in to Hoi Ha.  Ask the driver to stop at 大灘郊遊徑, which is just before coming to 猴塘溪.

Should the thunderstorm signal or any of the heavy rainstorm signals be hoistered at 8 am, the hike is automatically cancelled.  If you want to continue, you are on your own.

Enjoy your walk !   I hope the trail gives you enough shade as well as breeze.



Belinda

10 comments:

  1. Thank you, Belinda. I will join the hike tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Belinda. I shall come along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Belinda
    Both John & I will join the hike

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will join the hike. Thanks Belinda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Belinda, I'll join.

    D K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Belinda. I will join the Tai Tan hike tomorrow.
    SS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, have a nice hike. I am at the airport, off to Korea, see you next Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Fridayhikers who go to Tai Tan this morning,
    sorry that I would not be able to go hiking today as I have to deal with something that has popped up.
    SS

    ReplyDelete