Monday 18 November 2013

2013-11-22 東涌至大澳

Update on Nov 20:

I now realise that there'll be a 3-day cultural festival in Tai O starting this Friday.  Tourists may be drawn there and I'm not sure if the bus for Tung Chung will run more frequently.  To avoid the crowd, would you mind if we walk from Tung Chung to Mui Wo instead?  It's a shorter 3-hour route.

Louisa

--------------------------------


Dear all,

It's been a long while since we last walked from Tung Chung from Tai O.  This Friday, in response to some hiking friends' requests for a route with a more gentle gradient, let's try this one again.  It's 14 km starting from 侯王宮.  We may finish the walk in 4 hours, and have a late lunch in Tai O.

Meeting Time: 9:15 am
Meeting Point: Taxi Stand outside Exit A, Tung Chung MTR Station

We'll take a taxi to 侯王宮 to start our walk.  Please use toilet facilities in the shopping mall before assembly.

Don't forget to bring sufficient water and some snacks.  Should the thunderstorm signal, or the amber/red/black rain signal be on at 7:30 am on Friday, this hike will automatically be cancelled.

Regards,
Louisa

14 comments:

  1. Thanks, Louisa, for the arrangement. Two of my friends from Canada will go along with me for the hike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just informed by my friends from Canada that they had a prior appointment on this Friday, so they will not come for this hike. Count only me in, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Louisa
    Both John & I will join

    Thank you your arrangement

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Louisa,
    I have a lunch appointment this Friday and will miss this one.
    Enjoy your hike!
    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Louisa. As you have suggested, I'll be happy to walk from Tung Chung to Mui Wo instead.
    SS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please count me in! Hike to Mui Wor is noted.

    Thanks Louisa!

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please count me in! Hike to Mui Wor is noted.

    Thanks Louisa!

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Louisa. I am in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No change to meeting place?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jenny Hung and Michael will come for the hike. For reasons unknown, they are unable to log on this platform.

    ReplyDelete