Tuesday 24 March 2015

March 27th: Bride's Pool Road to Luk Keng

The Fridayhikers are a group of friends who go hiking for leisure. Depending on the weather and road conditions, the hiking route may be subject to change without prior notice. Participants joining the hikes do so at their own will and at their own risk. They may consider buying their own insurance for better protection. The hike leaders, the organizers and any other participants in the hikes are exonerated from any liabilities and claims as a result of any accidents or losses arising.


Dear Fridayhikers,

After the enjoyable hike to see the rocks last week, I hope the weather will cooperate again this week to give us dry and cool weather for another enjoyable hike.   I want to take one of my favourite routes before the weather gets too warm.

We will walk from Bride's Pool Road via a part of the Wu Gau Teng Country Trail, past the Hillfire Lookout to Fen Shui Au, then on to Kuk Po and Luk Keng.  This is a 6 km trail.  Because of some uphill and downhill sections, and stopping for the scenery, this will take about 3.5 hours.  There are two small restaurants at Luk Keng where we can have a simple lunch.  The minibus at Luk Keng (56K) runs every half an hour and will take us back to Fanling train station.

To go to the start of the trail, we will need to take a minibus 20R which goes to Wu Gau Teng and get off at the small roundabout before the minibus goes into Wu Gau Teng Road.   The only one suitable for us leaves Tai Po Train Station at 9:10 am.   If anyone misses this bus and still wants to join the hike, he/she will need to take 20C which goes to Tai Mei Tuk and catch a taxi to the starting point.


Meeting time:  9 am  (The earlier the better.  PLEASE QUEUE AT THE BUS STOP)

Meeting place:  20R minibus stop at Tai Po Train Station



available at Tai Po Train Station near the minibus stop.



also available near the start of the trail.





Please bring enough water, snacks, rain gear, sun gear, walking stick.


Belinda

10 comments:

  1. Thank you, Belinda, for making hiking arrangement. I will join the hike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will join together with my friend Peggy. Thanks Belinda for the arrangement. Roy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx for organising, Belinda. Something props up and I can't join this Fri's hiking. I'll see you guys and gals again when I next return to HK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Belinda. I shall be unable to join you tomorrow.

    BYW, who is "Fridayhikers"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If Fridayhikers is not you, it should be Louisa. But Louisa seldom joins hikes which start at Tai Po or Fanling. So I'm not sure. Maybe it's SS?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I won't be able to join tomorrow. BTW, I know that "Fridayhikers" is not Louisa because I saw her start reading the blog on 25/3.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for the above confusion in tracing the identity of Fridayhikers in the top slot. It's me, Anson. I don't know why I accidenty used that identity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for clarifying Fridayhikers' identity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Belinda. I will join the hike from Bride's Pool Rd to Luk Keng.
    SS

    ReplyDelete