Wednesday 11 March 2015

Friday March 13th: Shing Mun Reservoir

The Fridayhikers are a group of friends who go hiking for leisure. Depending on the weather and road conditions, the hiking route may be subject to change without prior notice. Participants joining the hikes do so at their own will and at their own risk. They may consider buying their own insurance for better protection. The hike leaders, the organizers and any other participants in the hikes are exonerated from any liabilities and claims as a result of any accidents or losses arising.



Dear Fridayhikers,

In view of the comments below from Leo and Roy, I thought it would be better to change the route for tomorrow.  

We will instead take the safe trail around Shing Mun Reservoir.   Let's check if the trees are standing in water yet.  If it gets too wet and muddy, we will take the cemented road.  

Meeting place:  Exit A Tsuen Wan MTR Station

Meeting time:  9:00 am

You can also assemble at Pineapple Dam of Shing Mun Reservoir if you wish.  Be there at about 9:15 am.  


The route takes 3 hours to finish.  Bring water and snacks and rain gear and sun gear.


Belinda











20 comments:

  1. Thank you, Belinda. Yes, we last went on this route on 2 January this year, but somehow the record is missing. Please count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ! I was wondering why this route has not been taken this year or last while I seem to remember walking on this route "recently". Well, I hope you and the others don't mind taking this familiar route again.
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recalled part of the 黄泥路, both uphill n downhill, could be slippery after rain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Belinda, for planing the route to cater for the unstable weather. I will join the hike. One minor point I would like to raise: Exit B seems to be nearer to the minibus station than Exit A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes both exits can go to the minibus station. Exit A goes via a longer bridge. Out of habit, I always type Exit A. Instead of changing the blog, I'll just position myself at Exit A and tell people to go to Exit B. OK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The arrangement is fine. I will wait at Exit B.

      Delete
  6. Thanks, Belinda. Shing Mun is fine for me. I shall be at Exit B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Belinda,
    I will join the hike tomorrow. See you all.

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Belinda
    Both John & I will join

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please count me in. I shall be at exit B. KM

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will join this 城门水塘walk n will check if my friends want to join. Thx Belinda for the arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Belinda, I n my friend Peggy Ip will meet you tmr at exit A. Thx again, roy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Belinda. Tomorrow I will join the Shing Mun walk.
    SS

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Long time no see, see you tomorrow then!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Teresa welcome back ! Don't yell at me for choosing this route if it turns out to be muddy !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Belinda. Pearl and I will join the walk. I shall meet you at Exit B.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thx Belinda. For tmr's hike, I'll give it a pass due to a strained ankle. Just play safe. See you and others next time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Belinda, I'll join and go to Exit B.
    D K

    ReplyDelete