Tuesday 18 February 2014

February 21st: Lantao's Olympic Trail

The Fridayhikers are a group of friends who go hiking for leisure. Depending on the weather and road conditions, the hiking route may be subject to change without prior notice. Participants joining the hikes do so at their own will and at their own risk. They may consider buying their own insurance for better protection. The hike leaders, the organizers and any other participants in the hikes are exonerated from any liabilities and claims as a result of any accidents or losses arising.


Friday will be cool and dry.  Let's try the trail originally meant for last week - the Olympic Trail which goes from Tai Ho Wan to Mui Wo,  6.5 km in length and according to the book takes 3 hours to complete.  It is paved most of the way but fairly exposed so please prepare for wind and cold.

We will take a taxi from Tung Chung MTR station to the starting point of 白芒村 and from there we will walk to 白銀鄉 and then to 梅窩.   From Mui Wo, you may choose to take the ferry to Central or take a bus back to Tung Chung for the MTR.


Meeting Point:   MTR Tung Chung Station Exit D  

Meeting Time:   9:15 am  
From Millan.Net
   
(We group ourselves to take taxis to Tai Ho Wan)  



There appears to be aFrom Millan.Netat Tai Ho Wan but I don't know if it is closed.  So if you need to use toilet facilities, please make sure you get to Tung Chung about 15 minutes earlier than the meeting time to use the facilities in the shopping mall. 

From Millan.Net

As usual, bring enough water, snacks and a stick if needed, sunblock, umbrella, hat, scarf, etc. etc. for your well-being.



Below are links for the time table of ferry from Mui Wo to Central, and bus from Mui Wo to Tung Chung.  Please make your own notes regarding the time of ferry/bus to fit your schedules. 

http://www.newlantaobus.com/road_3M.htm

http://www.nwff.com.hk/eng/fare_table/central-mui_wo/



Belinda

13 comments:

  1. Please count me in. Thanks.

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Belinda, I am in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Belinda. Please count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Belinda. I'm in. There'd be a public toilet before we leave 白芒村, i.e. app. 15 minutes from the starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Belinda,
    Please count me in. Thanks!
    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please count me in.

    Paulina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Belinda,
    I'll join the hike.

    ReplyDelete

  8. Thanks Belinda. I'll join the hike to Mui Wo.
    SS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll join. Thanks Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am tentatively in. Having twisted my back muscle in the gym yesterday, the pain has not yet subsided. If I am not at the assembly point by 9:15, that means I'll skip this hike.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a lot, Belinda. Please count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks a lot, Belinda. Please count me in.

    ReplyDelete