Monday 23 December 2013

2013-12-27 End of Year Hike: Tung Chung to Tai O

The Fridayhikers are a group of friends who go hiking for leisure. Depending on the weather and road conditions, the hiking route may be subject to change without prior notice. Participants joining the hikes do so at their own will and at their own risk. They may consider buying their own insurance for better protection. The hike leaders, the organizers and any other participants in the hikes are exonerated from any liabilities and claims as a result of any accidents or losses arising.

Dear all,

We intended to walk from Tung Chung from Tai O last month, but changed course due to the cultural festival in Tai O.  This Friday, let's try it again.  The trail is long,14 km, but with minimal gradient change.  We may finish it in 4 to 4.5 hours, and have a late lunch in Tai O.

Meeting Time: 9:15 am
Meeting Point: Taxi Stand (Lantau Taxi) outside Exit B, Tung Chung MTR Station

We'll take a taxi to 侯王宮 to start our walk.  Please use toilet facilities in the shopping mall before assembly.

Don't forget to bring sufficient water and some snacks.  Should the thunderstorm signal, or the amber/red/black rain signal be on at 7:30 am on Friday, this hike will automatically be cancelled.


Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Regards,
Louisa

17 comments:

  1. Dear Louisa,

    Thanks for organizing this hike. Please come me in.

    Clive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Louisa. Please count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Louisa. Please count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peter Yip will also join the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please count me in.
    Merry X'mas to you all!

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Louisa. Please count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot join your hike this Friday. I now wish you all a Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year with good health and lots of joy and laughters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Xmas and happy new year to you all.
    There is an important top of table match between my Liverpool and M City starting at 1:30am and I must see this. I have to be lazy this time and see you all in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please count me in this end of year hike.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll join the Tung Chung to Tai O hike tomorrow. Thanks Louisa. Is it that we will have lunch at 東方小祇園? I guess that a table has to be booked and we may consider ordering a few dishes that we like.
    SS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear SS,

      Thanks for the suggestion. I'm afraid I won't be joining you for lunch after the hike. Please go ahead to book a table at 東方小祇園 for the group if you have the tel no.. Thanks again.

      Delete
    2. Peter Yip will come together with his wife Fanny. All three of us will have lunch at 小祗園. Anyway we can book the table and even some dishes on our way to Tai O.

      Delete
  11. I'll join the Tung Chung to Tai O hike tomorrow. Thanks Louisa. Is it that we will have lunch at 東方小祇園? I guess that a table has to be booked and we may consider ordering a few dishes that we like.
    SS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Louisa,
    Please count me in. Thanks.
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good hiking and happy new year to you all. Join you next year. Teresa from Auckland

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Louisa,
    Please count Michael & Jenny.
    Thanks!

    Dear SS,
    Please count us for lunch at 東方小祈園。
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Louisa,
    I cannot join you tomorrow! Happy New Year to you all.
    Joseph

    ReplyDelete