Sunday 1 December 2013

2013-12-06 長洲南

The Fridayhikers are a group of friends who go hiking for leisure. Depending on the weather and road conditions, the hiking route may be subject to change without prior notice. Participants joining the hikes do so at their own will and at their own risk. They may consider buying their own insurance for better protection. The hike leaders, the organizers and any other participants in the hikes are exonerated from any liabilities and claims as a result of any accidents or losses arising.


Dear all,

Next week will be fine and dry.  We'll take a walk round Cheung Chau (South).  The planned route is 14 km on very gentle slopes.  We might finish the walk in 4 hours, but there're many shortcuts if that's too much for you.

Meeting Time: 8:30 am (Ferry departs at 8:40 am)
Meeting Place: Pier #5, Central, Hong Kong

The 8:40 ferry is a fast one.  The next ferry scheduled 9:00 is a slow one.  Don't forget to bring water and do UV protection.

Below is a map for your quick reference.  Contrary to the dotted route on the map, we'll go clockwise from the ferry pier to 觀音灣, then 小長城 and 南氹灣.  We'll follow the walking trail (but not the vehicular track) to 眾樂園.  Then at 思觀亭, we'll turn right, skip 張保仔洞 and return to the ferry pier via 西灣路.  (Walking to 張保仔洞 may take an additional 45 min.)


Regards,
Louisa

13 comments:

  1. Thank you, Louisa. Please count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a route for a change.
    I shall however be in Taipei.
    See you all next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Louisa. I will join the hike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Louisa. I'll join. I have not been able to contact my friends from Canada. In case they want to take part, I will inform you later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear all,
    I am in,
    hoiyee

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend, Peter Yip, will join us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Louisa,
    I will join tomorrow's hike due to work engagement.

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  8.  Please count Jenny & Michael.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll join the Cheung Chau hike tomorrow. Thanks Louisa.
    SS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't go now because I have a cold and itchy throat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Fridayhikers, in case I can't make it tomorrow, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I am off to New Zealand this Saturday, see you 2014.

    ReplyDelete