Monday 14 April 2014

2014-04-18 紫蘿蘭山徑

The Fridayhikers are a group of friends who go hiking for leisure. Depending on the weather and road conditions, the hiking route may be subject to change without prior notice. Participants joining the hikes do so at their own will and at their own risk. They may consider buying their own insurance for better protection. The hike leaders, the organizers and any other participants in the hikes are exonerated from any liabilities and claims as a result of any accidents or losses arising.

Dear all,
 
This Friday is a public holiday.  If there're 4 or more participants signing up by 9 pm on Thursday, we'll go hiking as usual.  If not, this hike will be called off.
 
We'll walk from Wong Nai Chung Reservoir to Tai Tam Road near Stanley via Violet Hill Path this Friday.  The route is 7 km long and goes mainly downhill.  We WON'T be climbing up to the top of Violet Hill.  The expected journey time is 3 hours.

Meeting Time: 9:15 am
Meeting Place: Wong Nai Chung Reservoir

Public transport to Wong Nai Chung Reservoir:
Bus No. 6 and 66 from Admiralty or the Exchange Square, Central to Stanley
Bus No. 41A from North Point Ferry Pier to Wah Fu
Bus No. 63 from North Point Ferry Pier to Stanley


Please get off the bus at the Shell Gas Station (after the Hong Kong Tennis Centre and the Hong Kong Cricket Club) on Wong Nai Chung Gap Road. Then walk up the stairs by the flyover at the end of the gas station.

It may still be hot around noon time.  Please do UV protection and bring sufficient water.

Regards,
Louisa

10 comments:

  1. Thank you, Louisa. Please count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two friends Dorothy and Albert Tong would like to join the hike. I can't come because I'll be out of town during Easter. I'll check at around 8pm if the hike is cancelled. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Louisa,
    Since less than 4 signed up, I presume the hike is automatically cancelled. I'll let my friends know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Louisa,
      I thought today is Thur and it's passed 9 pm. Big mistake. Anyway, I told Dorothy the hike is cancelled.

      Delete
  4. Dear Grace,

    Your friends, Dorothy & Albert, are most welcome. But based on your latest message, I'll only count me and Leo at the moment. If Dorothy & Albert are joining us, please send me a new reply. I'll stick to 9 pm tomorrow as the deadline for headcounting. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi louisa ~ i like to join if enough of us are going ~ thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shall join the hike.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Louisa,
    Please count Michael & Jenny.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Louisa

    I'll join with 3 fellow hikers from Australia (Raymond, Pearl & Eddie).

    Thank you.

    D K

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your hikes. Sorry the NGs can't join due to family outing

    ReplyDelete